How University Students Should Handle Stress?
By exploring so many people from different regions and countries that still in 21st-century, stress is considered as one of the most common and worst issues that are faced by almost every other people in their life. In general words, stress is considered as a reaction of a human body towards any change or alteration that require a response or any kind of adjustment. Moreover, in a deep way, stress is also deliberated as the change that is strongly linked with the mental, emotional and physical responses. In today’s world, stress becomes a strong part of the human’s life that analyse different experiences of the human body, thoughts and environment. In a clinical term, stress is analysed as the situation that causes distress and discomfort for a person and can usually lead towards the other medical problems related to mental health like depression, trauma and anxiety.
Moreover, from exploring so many people, it is analysed that the young generation got more affected by the problem of stress as compared to the old generation. In the context of the young generation, it is analysed that students are considered as one of the most common victims of stress and there are so many university students that are suffering from the issue of stress. For university students, education and learning processes become the main cause for the stress of the students because students do not know the ways from, which they can effectively manage their stress for dealing the things in a normal way. Management of stress is very important because stress is considered as a normal problem, but in general, it is really a big one that can easily destroy the life of any person as well without giving them any justification.
There are three types of stress that are usually triggered and experienced by students in their college and university life, and three of them are mentioned below:
- Social Stress – social stress is considered as serious stress for a student in their university life. This social stress includes dealing with the new people and exploring new relationships in university, balancing and adjustment of academic life along with social life, adjusting in the new environment. Usually, social stress is faced by university students at the starting of their university life.
- Academic stress – assignments and semesters deadlines, strict schedules, challenging classes, low grades, responsibilities, exams and poor time management all are considered under the head of academic stress.
- Daily life stress – university students faced daily life stress when they manage their university life with part-time jobs because of financial burdens.
So, in today’s world, university students are suffering from the severe issues of stress because of education and sometimes because of their improper lifestyle during university days as well. So, below-mentioned are the eight common tips, which are considered as the effective tip for university students for managing their stress in an efficient way.
- Proper time management because time management is considered as one of the most common factors that lead the university students towards the issue of stress.
- It is necessary for students to do exercise on a regular basis and take some time out from the busy life and go for a walk in fresh air for revealing the stress.
- University students need to stay positive with their life and stop stressing over small things.
- Organising academic life in an effective manner.
- Take the right step at the right time.
- Stop procrastinating.
- Spend time with friends.
- Use “Water Therapy” because it is considered as an effective approach for reducing the stress and for relaxing the body.
Smith J. Kevin is a graduate from University of West London and is writing blogs and posts since last three years. He has excellent command on different topics and he is always up for a challenge therefore he has written blogs on various topics for My Assignment Help and other related sites.